ADVICE FOR BRIDES
- You can start your search for the perfect gown as soon as you feel ready (it's very exciting !). Some girls choose 2 years in advance, and we reckon 12-18 months is perfect. The earlier the better: once you have your dream dress it leaves plenty of time for the bridesmaids, men and Mums to be sorted.
- Ideally you should look to order your gown no less than 9 to 12 months before the big day to ensure plenty of time for delivery and fittings. If you have less than 6 months to go, don’t panic - check out our Here & Now collection of "off the peg" gowns.
- It’s always best to book in advance at It’s Bliss, we are a popular destination for many brides who want to enjoy our choice and service so give us a call and we will book you in. Your first appointment with us will usually be for around 1 1/ 2 hours. Saturday is, as you would expect, the busiest day so try and book a couple of weeks in advance.
- What to bring with you: a strapless bra is always a good idea, and some neutral undies just in case! But the main thing to bring is an idea of your budget (honesty is definitely the best policy when it comes to budget - the last thing we want is for you to fall in love with a dress that is just not happening!). We will provide the rest and even pop the kettle on, it’s our job to make sure you and your family can relax and enjoy the experience.
- You will be amazed when you start to try all the fab dresses - there are so many different shapes, fabrics, colours and designs that you can choose from so don’t worry if your ideas start to develop into something completely different. Your Bridal Consultant might bring a few gowns in as a suggestion for you to try - have a bit of trust, they know what they're doing! Our girls are trained to know what will suit different body shapes and have done this for so long that they often know what you'll love even better than you do!
- When you find the gown of your dreams you will be asked to sign a contract and pay a deposit. We have a range of payment plans available and you can even set up a standing order to spread the cost.
- The most important piece of advice we can offer you is to enjoy the whole thing - choosing your gown is a once in a life time experience, so relax and enjoy the experience. Remember, as an It’s Bliss bride, you are in safe hands.