Things to do as soon as you start to plan the big day!
- Share your good news with close family and friends
- If both sets of parents are yet to meet, arrange a get together.
- Set a wedding budget
- Decide what tasks need completing and who is responsible for what
- If it's going to be a Church wedding then arrange a first meeting with your minister or priest to set a date for your wedding
- If you are having a civil ceremony, then book the registry office or civil venue
- Send ‘Save the date’ notifications with venue details to abroad or out of town guests
- Choose your witnesses, bridesmaids and groomsmen.
1 to 2 Years before the big day
- Book a venue for your wedding
- Set up a personal website to keep your friends up to date about your wedding
- Finalise the guest list
- Send out Save the Date cards or emails
- Book a photographer
Its finally time: book that appointment at It's Bliss and let us help you find your perfect wedding dress!
9 to 12 months before the big day
- Arrange to visit caterers
- Arrange to visit florists
- Book honeymoon
- Book caterer
Here come the girls: visit It's Bliss with your girls to choose bridesmaids' dresses !
6 to 9 months before the big day
- Book a florist
- Choose a hairstylist
- Choose a make-up artist
- Remind out of town guests to book accommodation
- Choose your gift list
- Choose wedding rings
- Order wedding cake
- Book transport for the day
It's the guys turn: call It's Bliss to book them in to choose your Groom's outfit & menswear!
3 months before the big day
- Discuss the services and banns with your minister/ registrar
- Select Hymns/music/ Choose readings if desired.
- Ensure passports are valid for your honeymoon
- Arrange for a tasting of the food to be served
- Discuss service details with ceremony officials
- Send out wedding invitations
Exciting times: it's time for your first dress fitting at It's Bliss and to choose your accessories !
2 months before the big day
- Meet photographer to decide on what types of photos you want (a storyboard) and to advise of the key people at the wedding.
- You should meet at the venue if you can.
- Draw up a wedding day timetable
- Book a make-up trial session
- Book a hair session and be sure to take any veils/headpieces you will wear
- Hen Do
- Stag Do
- Buy gifts for bridesmaids / parents of the bride and groom
- Contact photographer to re-confirm booking
- Contact hair stylist and make-up artist to re-confirm booking
- Contact your florist to re-confirm booking
- Contact your caterer to re-confirm booking
You're nearly there: time for your second dress fitting at It's Bliss !
1 month before the big day
- Ensure you have paid all of your suppliers
- Give notice of marriage to your local registry office (unless you are marrying in the Church of England/Church of Wales)
- Confirm honeymoon bookings
- Ensure that you get your engagement ring cleaned
2 weeks before
- Sort out local currency for your honeymoon
- Wear in your new wedding shoes
- Pick up wedding rings
1 week before
Time to pick up your wedding dress from It's Bliss! :)
1 day before
- Help decorate the venue
- Ensure your nails are manicured
- Run through the order of the day with the bridal party to ensure everyone knows what their roles and responsibilities are
- Get an early night
On the day
Stay calm and enjoy yourself and soak up all the compliments about your gorgeous It's Bliss wedding dress !